Full course description
This educational program is designed to train physical therapists and chiropractors to be the firt-contact provider for patients with spinal problems, that leads to certification as a Primary Spine Practitioner. This advanced course is for practitioners that desire to work in a team-based environment that comprehensively manages and coordinates the care for individuals with these spine-related disorders.
- Type of Certificate: PSP Certification
- Series: You must have completed Unit 1 before registering for Unit 2. This course listing is for Unit 2: The Lumbar Spine.
- Target Audience: physical therapists and chiropractors
- Start Date: May 6, 2022
- Cost: $950
To train physical therapists and chiropractors to be the first-contact provider for patients with spinal problems.
- The PSP Certification Program™ consists of a total of approximately 120 hours of instruction.
- The program is divided into 4 "units" of instruction, with each unit consisting of two parts:
- A set of online educational modules (8-12 hours)
- A weekend skill-building workshop (16 hours), along with 2 supportive textbooks.
- Students are required to pass quizzes accompanying each online educational module.
- Following each live weekend course, students will also need to pass a unit test which covers both the online learning and live coursework.
- There is also a final practical competency exam that will be given after the last weekend course (Unit 4) of the PSP series.
- James Irrgang, PT, PhD, ATC, FAPTA
- Donald R. Murphy, DC, FRCC
- Michael Timko, PT, MS, FAAOMPT
- Carol M. Greco, PhD
At the Conclusion of the Course
- Students will be eligible to enroll for Module 3.
- All 4 units must be completed to be eligible for the certification examination.
For More Information
Additional course details, including the agenda and learning objectives can be found here.
Due to COVID-19 Precautions, the live weekend workshops may occur virtually through Zoom meetings. The course content will remain interactive and will require participation at scheduled times with other members of the cohort.